Timeline of Shurku
The Timeline of Shurku is a companion article to the Shurkan history article. The periods are divided according to the global climate cycles of Long Winters and Summers. Each climate cycle is 831 years long, making each climate season roughly 415 years long.
- Early 250th millenium BCE; the rise of homo sapiens
- Modern humans enter Shurku (30,000 BCE)
- Agriculture develops in Shurku (7,500 BCE)
- Irrigation develops in what is now Talsarea (3,000 BCE)
See the climate shift article for a graphical view of these as temperature cycles.
Prothelian Winter, 3329 BCE-2913 BCE
- 3120 BCE - Midwinter - coldest year of Prothelian Winter.
- Circa 3000 BCE - Arkanism develops.
Diatrictic Summer, 2913 BCE-2498 BCE
- 2704 BCE - Midsummer - warmest year of Diatrictic Summer.
Mimorene Winter, 2498 BCE-2082 BCE
- Early 2300s BCE - Southern Anadilian culture enters the Iron Age (aka Second Age).
- 2289 BCE - Midwinter - coldest year of the Mimorene Winter.
Soccocene Summer, 2082 BCE-1667 BCE
- 1873 BCE - Midsummer - warmest year of Soccocene Summer.
Thorndarian Winter, 1667 BCE-1251 BCE
- 1458 BCE - Midwinter - coldest year of the Thorndarian Winter.
Ramorian Summer, 1251 BCE-836 BCE
- 1043 BCE - Midsummer - warmest year of the Ramorian Summer.
Trimethian Winter, 836 BCE-420 BCE
- 628 BCE - Midwinter - coldest year of the Trimethian Winter.
- 536 BCE - The Vurusiaan Empire founded on the north coast of Shurku.
Suthosian Summer, 420 BCE-5 BCE
- 213 BCE - Midsummer - warmest year of the Suthosian Summer.
Lamarian Winter, 5 BCE-411 CE
- 203 CE - Midwinter - coldest year of the Lamarian Winter.
Gathonian Summer, 411-826
- 618 CE - Midsummer - warmest year of the Gathonian Summer.
- 587 CE - Shurkan Empire founded from the Vurusiaan Empire.
Acmorian Winter, 826-1242
- 1034 CE - Midwinter - coldest year of the Acmorian Winter.
Pendarian Summer, 1242-1657
- 1449 CE - Midsummer - warmest year of the Pendarian Summer
- - Decline of the Antaran Empire (1599 - 1800, 200 years)
Calarian or Last Winter, 1657-2073
- 1742 CE - The fall of the Shurkan Empire and the formation of the Empire of Central Shurku.
- 1865 CE - Midwinter - coldest year of the Calarian Winter.
- 2072 CE - Treaty of Mesia signed and the formation of the North Shurkan Union.